Re: Re: HomeVision access control???

Quoting "Mark Harrison (Yahoo!)" <mph@ascentium.co.uk>:

> I assume that people are only considering these for internal doors?
>
> I do wonder what the attitude of your insurer would be if you were
burgled,
> and in response to the question "was there any sign of a
break-in", you
> answered "well, it looks like they got in with my BP points
card" :-)

With the emphasis on "MY" BP card rather than "Any" BP
Card. The whole point of
electronic access whether iButton, Swipe Card, RF Tag etc is that each
token is
unique and can be enabled/disabled.

You each have unique tokens and in the event of one being lost you remove
its
access rights. You can also allow different access rights and access times
each token.

By comparison, a set of key will open a lock for anyone at anytime so if
you
lose a set of keys you have to change all the locks, or hope that in the
event
of the keys being found they are handed into the police rather than the
finder
locating the house that they fit.

A house that is electronically locked should be more secure than one using
keys
provided that the locks and access control system are of suitably high
quality
and correctly setup. It also has the advantage that all access to a
building
can be monitored.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com