Re: Some routing help please

I am presuming that you are hosting your web page on an external server.
All
that you need to do is select another port forward for arguement 8010 that
points to the machine on your internal network with the web page on it.
Then on
your web page, when u specify the link to your home hosted page (ip of your
router)you need to follow it with a colon and the port that you forwarded
so
for example 152.254.33.27:8010 followed by the path to that page. This will
allow any requests, for that page, on that port to be routed through to the
relevant machine on your network.  Simon

Quoting Malcolm Surgenor <malcolm@surgenor.net>:

> <tt>
> <BR>
> I'm a bit out of my depth here so no laughing at the back there if
this
> is<BR>
> just plain daft!&nbsp; 8-)<BR>
> <BR>
> At the moment my home page contains a link to my HomeSeer status
page.&nbsp;
> That<BR>
> link points at the IP address (the one my ISP gave me) for my ADSL
> router.<BR>
> The router then has a port re-direction set up that points to the IP
> address<BR>
> of the PC running HomeSeer. I'm assuming this is all standard stuff -
it<BR>
> works for me anyway.<BR>
> <BR>
> I have another web page on another PC on my internal network that I
also<BR>
> want my home page to contain a link to.&nbsp; What I can't figure
out is
> the<BR>
> redirection details for the router (or even if it can manage more than
> one<BR>
> redirection).&nbsp; Can anyone help please. Be gentle!<BR>
> <BR>
> Malcolm<BR>
> <BR>
> <BR>
> </tt>

> <tt>
> UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!<BR>
> <BR>
> <BR>
> Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com <BR>
> Subscribe:&nbsp; ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com <BR>

> <tt><hr width="500">
> <ul>
> <li>To visit your group on the web, go to:<br><a

d/</a><br>&nbsp;
> <li>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
to:<br><a
> href="mailto:ukha_d-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe";>ukha_d-
> <li>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
> href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</a>.
> </ul>
> </tt>

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com