Re: LD11

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: LD11
  • From: "yhkeppy" <keith@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:53:21 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

I'm unsure on the article you refer to, but I've done this in places
and it is possible assuming a 'normal' light circuit configuration
(with ring, control and light wired into the rose). You'll also need
a large enough hole to feed the LD11 into.

For upstairs lights, i've placed small consumer boxes with single
LD11s above each light and have simply redirected the control and
ring into each small cons unit, and taken a light feed out and into
each room.

For downstairs rooms, i've placed all LD11s near the main consumer
unit, running the ring into the LD11s and individual control/light
feeds from each room. Of course to do this you'll need to take up
floors to re-direct the cabling, (the results looking much like a new
build) but the results are good.

Advantages of both solutions are that halogen light transformers can
be hidden out of the room (good if they buzz!). Also, when I move
house i'll be able to take the LD11s with me...something that was
important when deciding how to set it all up.

If you want to see some pictures let me know.

Regards,

Keith

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups.com, "m_surgenor" <malcolm@s...>
wrote:
> I was sure I had read an article (with pictures) at some time in
the
> past where someone had wired an LD11 'locally' by hiding it in the
> ceiling space behind a lighting rose. I've searched the usual
places
> and can't find it.  Did I read this or was this some other
> product?  :-)
>
> Malcolm

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com