1-wire devices on structured cat5

[This is a re-post for ukha_d, but perhaps worded better]

Has anyone used existing structured cableing to deploy 1-wire devices
around the home?

I had a quick experiment a few months ago by tying all the pins on a
block of my patch panel together, then patching various other ports into
them. It worked for deviced plugged straight into the patch panel (I
crimped a DS1820 into an RJ45 plug and plugged that in) but I never
really got time to test in any further.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else that's used their existing
cable structure for 1-wire monitoring...

Cheers,

-S

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com