RE: (OT) Voltage USA- UK

Quoting Phil Harris <phil@avaddict.tv>:

> Shouldn't be an issue for anything nowadays ... certainly not a shaver
/
> toothbrush.

It could still have an effect if a motorised device is driven directly from
the
supply but most things are rechargeable cordless devices now.

Many years ago when my late stepfather used to work offshore, he commented
that
his electric razor seemed to be more powerful on 110V.

I told him there shouldnt be any difference between the voltages but he
insisted that 110V gave a better shave.

After I fitted the Razor Point in the bathroom he switched it to 110V and
set
his razor to the same.... the shave was no different to the 240V shave.

The reason he got a better shave on the rig..... the 110V there was 60Hz so
the
razor was oscillating 20% faster :-)

Likewise I did a disco on a rig supply boat and all the records ran fast
due to
the synchronous motors being designed for 50Hz not 60 :-(

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com