Re: [Kind OT] Bluetooth Dongles

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [Kind OT] Bluetooth Dongles
  • From: "Campbell Macdonald" <c.macd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:38:38 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

I had the same problem with both a bluetake and a MSI dongle. The Bluetake
was supplied with a software cd on which they had forgot to put the
Bluetooth software. I eventually managed to get Widcomm version 1.3.27
software from their site..............which did not work. Thinking it must
be cheap rubbish....I ordered an MSI dongle, which came with Widcomm
version 1.3.27 of software.....it also didn't work. Looking through various
forums, I found this was common and it was best to get version 1.3.1, this
would enable you to get serial number from dongle) then version 1.4.10
could be installed if required, which requires the serial number to
work......

Presently I am using version 1.3.1 on a number of pc's for both dongles and
they work fine.....especially IrfanX and the bluetooth headset.

Campbell

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com