RE: Laser Launch New C-Bus Website!

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 13:40, Kenneth Watt wrote:
> > wow.. I knew C-Bus was expensive, but £121 for a 2 gang switch!!
in my
> > flat it would set me back about £700 just for the switches, and I
only had
> > 6 rooms!  wow
> > suddenly the value for money of x10 is great! :)
>
> Very true and this shows the stunning reality of the disparity in
pricing
> against opinions that X10 is too expensive. I have never used C-BUS
but from
> what I've seen and heard of it the product is excellent in both
quality and
> use. I would love to try it, if I could afford and justify it.

I'd argue that X10 IS too expensive, and C-Bus is MORE expensive :-)

Having said that I went to Umar's house the other weekend and had a
gander at his C-Bus install, and even in the most basic configuration
that he has it was awesome!!

Now to people like us, the extra money you pay for C-Bus could easily
justify the extra outlay, convincing SWMBO however ...

Just out of interest what's the difference between DMX & C-Bus?

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com