Re: Telephone Systems

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Telephone Systems
  • From: "matt_miles_uk" <m_miles@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:57:29 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Thanks for the offer Russ, but my budget is WAY smaller than the=20
cost of your unit! (about =A380 - =A3150)  I'm also not planning to=20
purchase one for a while yet (too poor!).

Cheers,

Matt

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups.com, Russ Olivant <russ.olivant@o...>=20

<patrick@l...>

calls to a

> > included

> > > Don't have any comments on the specific PBX - but an=20
observation
> > > about fax sensing in general: the PBX has to answer the line
in

> > order
> >
> > > to do the fax sensing. Depending on how it is implemented,
this

> > can
> >
> > > be very disconcerting for the caller (e.g. they hear 15s of
> >
> > silence
> >
> > > before then hearing simulated ringing). It is also
anti-social=20
in

> > the
> >
> > > event that no-one answers the phone (the caller is paying
to=20
hear

> > > ringing tone, but may not be aware of this fact).
> > >
> > > If you want to receive occasional faxes, and have a BT
line,=20
then

> > you
> >
> > > may well be better off with a distinctive ringing adapter.
You=20
can
> > > have two numbers assigned to the same physical line for a=20
charge

> > of
> >
> > > 1.50/month (BT call this "callsign"). Plug in a
widget like=20
this
> > > http://www.beststuff.co.uk/bt_twin_talk.htm
and the call gets

> > routed
> >
> > > to the right place, based on the number dialed.
> > >
> > > PS. As a source for PBXs in general (new and second hand)
you

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20