RE: Want One *drool*

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Want One *drool*
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 05:53:44 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

I've got the Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop and am fed up with it, to be
honest.

The keyboard has an annoying delay as it comes out of 'sleep' mode; to the
extent that it's easy to lose the first few characters. It's also got (just
like all current MS keyboards) their stupid non-standard arrangement of
Home/End/Delete/PgUp/PgDn keys that meant I kept hitting the wrong key.

The mouse chews through batteries at a hell of a pace; much faster than the
non-Bluetooth wireless explorer. I have to change them about every four
weeks.

Both the keyboard and mouse have an annoying tendency to lose their
connections with the PC and you have to go through the connection wizard
again.

The Bluetooth adaptor doesn't support some of the useful protocols such as
Audio or Headset.

I've ditched the keyboard and gone back to a wired Logitech Internet
Navigator. I'll ditch the mouse, too, before long and go back to the
Wireless Explorer.

Steve

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com