re: OT: Excel Pivottables

On a related (but still completely off-topic) note, does anyone know how,
within Excel, to match a text string against a template, and report whether
it's a good or bad match?

i.e. - an example string:

447956931123,04021001360 105811 1115 4C041 3J56T #KEY,22/01/04 11:44:30,2

Where the first field is a phone number, and the rest of the fields (sent
via SMS) are required.  The one snag is that these messages are coming from
all over Europe, so the formula needs to know to only run the comparison
between the 2 commas, i.e. I'd need the template to ignore everything
before
the first comma and after the last, and look for

0nnnnnnnnnn 105nnn hhmm aaaaa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Where n is a numeric, a is an alpha/numeric, and the other numbers are
constants.  The last field is only limited by the length of the SMS
message.
Because mobile numbers over Europe vary in length, doing a simple count in
to the text string doesn't work, it has to be a formula that knows to start
>from

Any help very welcome!

Pete

Oh, and my VBA knowledge is non-existent!