RE: Workshop - underground....

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Workshop - underground....
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 07:04:01 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Some updates below:

HTH,

Tim H.

I've now uploaded a PDF of the article to the Yahoo files area. I see that
we've nearly used all of our storage space, so I'll leave the PDF there for
a week, then delete as it's not stricly HA.
http://f6.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4GYPQB0SYNxsSbCGA1lsaqan2WvogJ_03hqbA6Z5kP14RRnNhzfDdXaux8NWVs2f5yvlCJyzW31Ai8HpAzHEPJo8-Q6B/basements.pdf
or
http://tinyurl.com/2kd2j

> I also found this:
> http://www.avforums.com/sdw/homecinema1.html
> Talk about lucky bugger, but it wasn't without it's own challenges :-)
>
> There was also one of the Grand Designs houses which was
> built into a hillside. Not quite burying it completely,
> although the roof was covered, but similar principles I guess.

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/0-9/4homes/grand_designs/cumbria.html
See the link at the bottom of the page for suppliers / contractors etc.

> One further point, your building control officer may have a
> couple of comments regarding fire escape routes. Solutions
> for half-basements are workable, full basements require more
> stringent requirements.
>
> What do you plan to do in your bolt-hole <cough> I mean,
workshop ?

> HTH,
>
> Tim H.

+

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com