Free Sky Movs

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Free Sky Movs
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:48:41 +0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

not tried it myself=20

=20

Go to first unread post=20=20
Last Thread   Next Thread=20

Author

Thread

=20=20

jlgmax
This is jlgMAX
Registered: Aug 2002
Location:=20
"Free" Sky Movies !=20
Apparently since Jan 1st 2004 all Sky Sports World subscribers are=20
entitled to the even numbered Sky Movies channels for free.....!

You just need to ring Sky customer services and ask them to change your=20
channel package to G1. This gives you all Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 and Xtra plus=
=20
Sky Movies 2, 4, 6, etc

For those people already subscribing to Sky Sports World its a
no-brainer=20
! For those just taking a single Sky Sports channel, I guess its an=20
incentive from Sky to get you to take the full Sky Sports World package=20
and bag half of the movie channels for free !
Last edited by jlgmax on 21-01-2004 at 10:24
21-01-2004 08:49

ganan
aka gan*
Registered: Jun 2002
Location: London UK
This is already in the TV forum, but is worth a mention here too i guess.
21-01-2004 08:51

wigsey
Senior Member
Registered: Sep 2000
Location: Huddersfield, england
Did this yesterday after seeing it in the TV forum.

It is correct
__________________

21-01-2004 08:52

Nick[Blarg]
Countdown to the Monte...
Registered: Apr 2002
Location: North Sheffield
What number do you ring to get hold of this?
21-01-2004 08:54

marteee
bronze trader \o/
Registered: Jul 2002
Location: Middlesbrough, UK
is this a permanent offer or just for say a few months?
__________________
myDVDs // myGames // myFeedback // wantedGames // wantedDVDs
"Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone"
21-01-2004 09:05

nig5
Al Capone of Donny
Registered: Mar 2001
Location: Doncaster, England
Cheers for pointing this out, already subscribe the Sky Sports World so=20
will be taking this up!
__________________
"...you talkin' to me?"
21-01-2004 09:19

SpankySpanky
Registered: Jan 2002
Location:=20
What about those people (like myself) who subscribe to the full
package??=20
Do we get a refund? Thought not...I hate Murdoch with a vengeance!!

SS
Last edited by SpankySpanky on 21-01-2004 at 09:23
21-01-2004 09:22

D J Fryer
Senior Member
Registered: Oct 2000
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks
I have told a few mates about this so thanks
21-01-2004 09:47

nig5
Al Capone of Donny
Registered: Mar 2001
Location: Doncaster, England
just rang up about this but the guy knew nothing of the offer and wouldn't=
=20
add the movie channels for free=20
not impressed with Sky (as usual).
__________________
"...you talkin' to me?"
21-01-2004 09:53

point blank
Lurker
Registered: Apr 2001
Location: fleetwood
just rang sky and the guy said that they don't have a g1 package and asked=
=20
me what tha package consisted of. After me describing the contents he said=
=20
that he would check for me but was pretty sure that it would be more=20
expensive. He then confirmed the price was the same after checking, so a=20
result in the end! Thanks to the original poster
21-01-2004 10:11

pec2001
Senior Member
Registered: Nov 2001
Location:=20
I called them and he also knew nothing about the package.

He then found it after I said G1 but he said it costs an extra =A31 per=20
month.
21-01-2004 10:32

nig5
Al Capone of Donny
Registered: Mar 2001
Location: Doncaster, England
Well I just called again and this time the woman knew about the offer=20
straight away and added the channels confirming they are free!
__________________
"...you talkin' to me?"
21-01-2004 10:34

Carleton
Actually my name
Registered: Aug 2002
Location: Heywood
I check the website and the package you describe doesn't list Sky Sports 3=
=20
or Extra in the sports channel contents. Are people who've changed=20
packages still getting these and if so will they run out once your last=20
payments credit has run out?
21-01-2004 10:34

nig5
Al Capone of Donny
Registered: Mar 2001
Location: Doncaster, England
Yes you DO still get SS3 and SSX.
__________________
"...you talkin' to me?"
21-01-2004 10:36

bread
Senior Member
Registered: Feb 2001
Location: Location:Location
Nice one, just phoned and the guy was very helpful. All sorted and for the=
=20
same price (=A333). I might even get brownie points off the missus for
this=
=20
one!!
21-01-2004 10:41

Alan. b
Moderator

Registered: Mar 2001
Location: UK
http://skydigital.mediabullet.co.uk/

quote:
It has been noted to us this evening and confirmed by Sky, that since
1st=20
January 2004, anyone with a Sky Sports World package (regardless of base=20
pack) can subscribe to Sky Movies 2,4,6 and 8 at no additional cost. The=20
pack price for Sky Sports World and Family Pack is =A333, the same as
addin=
g=20
on Sky Movies 2,4,6 and 8 (=A333). Contrary to the Sky website, Sky Sports
=
3=20
and Sky Sports Xtra are still included as bonus channels. You can adjust=20
your package by calling 0870 240 4040.=20

Should tell you everything you need to know and it is correct because I=20
did this yesterday and still have SS3 and SSX.
__________________
Forum Moderator
Click Here to E-Mail Me=20
21-01-2004 10:41

chenman
Member
Registered: Jun 2002
Location:=20
well i just called up and the women knew exactly what she was on about and=
=20
gave me the channels for free , i asked whether this was perminant or
not=20
and she said she didnt know but if there are any price changes i would
be=20
informed striaght away

Gareth Cook
SWG EMEA North Account Manager
IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@garethcook.com
email: g@uk.ibm.com

=20

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20