Newbie X10 question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Newbie X10 question
  • From: "andyb505" <andrew@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:42:54 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Please excuse what might seem a simple question, but I am new to this
HA lark and could do with some help.

I have just purchased my first X10 products (CM12 computer interface,
LM12 lamp modules and LM15EB lamp bayonet module) to control some
lights around the house. Using the Activehome software I have the
LM12s successfully installed and working on timed events but I am
having trouble with the LM15EB. The Activehome s/w has only the US
X10 device icons in it for setting up units. I have successfully set
the LM15EB to code A2 (not quite sure how!!) and using Activehome I
can manually switch the light on and off. However I cannot get the
light to come on with a timed event. I have tried to set up the
LM15EB with the US icon for a screw in (ES) lamp module, but that has
a dim function, and a lamp module icon (which also has a dim
function) but as the LM15EB does not have a dim function is this why
I cannot get it to react to the on command in a timed event?

Any ideas which icon I should use to control the LM15EB?

Another problem I have found is in experimenting with the macros in
Activehome. I have successfully set up a macro to turn a lamp on and
then after a delay to dim it to 30% but the macro does not seem to
recognise the switch off command to be executed 2 hours later. Any
ideas why this might be? I know I can get the lamp to switch on at
30% and then turn off later by using a timed event but I would like
to be able to get the macro function to do the same thing so I can do
more complicated things in the future. I have stored the macro in the
CM12 as a "fast" macro by the way.

Any help that any of you could provide would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com