Re: Automating blinds

I have one of these and plan one day to hack into it and wire it into one
of the many little gadgets I build using its buttons. I also bought some
twiddly extension bits for the blind so the unit is mounted just above the
skirting board. I would note that it is quite battery hungry (hence the
mains adaptor on mine) and a little noisy. It is better when under load
rather than the first time you use it to test it.

At the moment in my spare time I am trying to measure the number of turns
of the blind shaft so I can tell the controller to open or close to a
position rather than for a period of time. Slow going though so maybe in
time for UKHA 2005.

It uses the Phillips RC5 IR protocol in case you are interested and the IR
stream has to be very accurate to get it going in the first place. I built
a repeater and it would keep the unit turning but would not get it going in
the first place - weird.

Ian

Doogie Brodie
<ukhad@doogiebrod