RE: Homeseer Phone

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Homeseer Phone
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:39:51 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

> Any chance of a bit more info... I have a UK USR modem that I
> tried with HSP and gave up after the months free trial and an
> extension that I was given by Homeseer...

I don't use homeseer, I use xpl_phone, so don't know if it would be any use
with homeseer...

To test the modem start a session and type at#cid=1
If it says OK it supports cid
Then dial the number to your cid enabled line and see if it displays cid
info

If this works you can knock up a program to read direct from com port

To enable cid for tapi edit the modem inf file and look for a section that
looks like this:

HKR,EnableCallerID,1,,"at#cid=1<cr>"
HKR,,CallerIDOutSide,,O
HKR,,CallerIDPrivate,,P
HKR, Responses,"<cr><lf>DATE = ",
1,93,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
HKR, Responses,"TIME = ", 1,94,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
HKR, Responses,"NMBR = ", 1,95,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

In the standard section you'll also have a name=(?) field, which doesn't
exist in BT cid
Then you need to update the modem driver using the new inf

Other modem manufacturers use different codes for enabling cid

The above is basically what it needs to be amended to (though you may need
to play depending on modem) but it needs to like the cid information seen
when doing the testing above

As I say, I doubt this will help with homeseer unless it uses TAPI

Regards
Tony

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com