Re: DIY Lighting DMX Option

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DIY Lighting DMX Option
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:41:14 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Harrison \(Yahoo!\)"
<mph@a...>
wrote:

> Was for a friend - the system is in use to this day... However,
> as far as I can tell the NJD midi-controlled packs are no
> longer available. They disappeared off the NJD site about
> 2 years ago (though I should check, in
> case they've come back.)

They are still in the CPC catalog...  And on the NJD web site, look
for MP820.

My lounge lights that used the Zero88 architectural dimmer...  That
was driven off a home-made d/a converter, driven by a 6502 board,
which received MIDI from the game port of a PC, running Windows 3.1
which had a VB(3) app.  The buttons to control the lights were also
on the game port.

Cute VB app - looked like a proper dimmer panel with sliders, all of
which moved when you pressed a button.  Variable fade rate too...

A 6502...  wow... used to be good with them :-)

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com