RE: Those lovely graphic LCD screens

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Those lovely graphic LCD screens
  • From: ian.bird@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:12:01 +0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

You are very optimistic on the time scales. I managed to fix the screen
display bug last night but there is months of work ahead yet .Don't forget
I have a paying job and a family to fit in as well.

A fully built unit would probably be around the 125 to 150 mark depending
on a lot of unknowns like  assembly time, case cost etc.
I would probably have to sell them assembled as I use smt components where
possible to keep costs and size to a minimum. Whilst it is not difficult
to solder the resistors etc. (if you can see the little suckers) the
processor (64 pins) and the network chip (100 pins) are challenging for
anybody. Finally, being complicated units if there is a problem support
would not be practical.

Are you going to UKHA 2004? If so I will most likely have a prototype of
whatever functionality for you to look at so you will see what I mean.

Ian

"Paul Gale" <groups@siliconpixel.com>
15/01/2004 18:06
Please respond to ukha_d