RE: Question from a novice

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Question from a novice
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:56:48 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Deepali,

I think you could do with a bit more cable :-)
I'm about half way through cabling my house, and have run 2 or 3 Cat5 to
each corner, plus 3x CT100 coax and 2x speaker cable and I think I'm still
going to be a bit short in places. This allows me to put the TV, satellite
decoder etc. at pretty much any place around the house.

It also depends how sensitive you, or your other half, are to trailing
cables. More in-wall outlets means less trailing cables so a neater final
installation. This may or may not be important to you.

HTH,

Tim H.

+

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com