Multi port CCTV capture cards - Geovision, Avermedia etc

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Multi port CCTV capture cards - Geovision, Avermedia etc
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:01:21 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

=85 like the Geovision or AVermedia cards=85

I=92ve been using a home built Linux box and running ZoneMinder on it for
a=
while. Never really got on well with Linux so am considering a move to a W=
indows box (cos I just know it sooo well) with one of these multi port
card=
s.

However, I don=92t want to spend an absolute fortune on the capture card
(l=
ike =A3500) =96 so was wondering what the cheap 8 port Geovision card is
li=
ke? I know it has pretty poor capture rates (20 fps for all cams) =96 what=
=92s this like in reality?

Does the software have motion detection? Is it any good? If it=92s set to
o=
nly record triggered zones, the capture rate may not be such an issue =96
d=
oes it work like this?

Any help appreciated :-)

Paul.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20