Re: X10 / C-Bus for new build development

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: X10 / C-Bus for new build development
  • From: "theshawmeister" <iain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:28:00 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

thanks for this, but the issue I'm looking at circumvents X10
filters on the mains feeds and I think also can't be managed by
House Codes

If the flats are close together, what is to stop - if anything - a
mischievous teenager discovering the joy of changing the house code
on their flat's remote and turning the next flat's lights on and off
and on....etc.   The issue is around being able to restrict where
and what the RF signal goes.  If X10 can't manage this, what are my
alternatives?
thanks
Aware I've not posted an introductory for this group, sorry for that
will do so in the next post.
Iain

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups.com, "K. C. Li" <li@l...> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, theshawmeister wrote:
>
> > development, how can I restrict rf signals to only operate those
> > addresses I want them to. Got a nightmarish vision of issuing an
all-
> > off command and turning out everything across 6 flats.  If it
isn't
> > possible to restirct signals, what are my options?
>
> That's what the "house code" in X-10 was designed for.
Separate
the flats
> into different house codes and, if possible, have X-10 filters
installed
> on the incoming mains feed on each flat. That should significantly
reduce
> any external interference.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kwong Li
> li@l...
> Laser Business Systems Ltd.
> http://www.laser.com

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com