RE: ATX PSU set to 110V ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: ATX PSU set to 110V ?
  • From: "Alistair Watkins" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:20:00 -0000

I did it once, on an old IBM PSU... I gave it to my washing machine
repair man friend, and he said it blew one of the AC filtering
capacitors (or something to do with power spike filtration).  He
soldered the thing off, and put a raw connection in place and the PSU
worked fine for years to come! (until there was an electrical storm, and
somehow our house burned down?! (j/k))

Another chap I know who did it who noticed a green flash when he turned
the PC on, found that only an internal fuse (one of those glass ones)
had blown... Although it was cheaper to get a new PSU that sort that out
apparently...

HTH

Alistair

Alistair Watkins  mail@xxxxxxx