WAS: Automate the washing machine's signals??? NOW Atmel Ethernet

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: WAS: Automate the washing machine's signals??? NOW Atmel Ethernet
  • From: "Ian Bird" <ian.bird@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:40:45 -0000

Hi Jim

It is a Mega128 based board and comes from www.prllc.com or
http://www.prllc.com/Mega128Net.htm

I received mine in good delivery time with only a small bill from the
carrier (less than 30 quid). At 150 dollars very good value in my
humble opinion. It comes complete with the Ethernet stack source code
although it is for the working dev board an not that easy to pick to
pieces. I got my Ethernet chips from Germany and am waiting on ZIF
sockets for both the Ethernet and Mega chips. This is so I can build
my own designs without ruining too many chips. Only go here though if
you are not scared of smt chips as this is the only way to go from
what I have seen.

The only down side is it does not support DHCP out of the box so I am
looking at writing my own implementation in the near future (maybe
summer?).

Other than this it does as advertised and I have great hopes for the
code as a basis of my own designs.

Ian

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@b...> wrote:
> ian.bird@c... wrote:
>
> > > Do I get the award for the craziest suggestion?
> > Well, if you are only going to do half a job ;-)) Take the PIC
out of the
> > loop and add in one of the Atmel chips I am currently working on.
This
> > will
> > then do the horrid stuff with actually detecting a valid signal
>from
> > op-amp plus it gives you an Ethernet interface to plug directly
into all
> > those CAT5 cables laying around the place.
>
> Which Atmel device is this? Does it come with a development
> board/toolkit? Details please :-)
>
> Jim

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx