RE: OT Weblogs.. And potential employers.. Kinda funny

Quoting Nigel Giddings <nigel.giddings@xxxxxxx>:

> When you go through the selling option on Autotrader it asks for your
> registration and adds this information to the advert (not the reg
> though) which you can't then change.

Interesting. It finds Sharons car using its original registration number
and
her personalised plate.

Badly written input form though. I entered my phone number without any
spaces
and it threw it out saying I MUST put a space between the STD code and the
number... so I decided to test it using a made up London number.

Entered a correctly formatted London number 020 8807 1234 and it failed
Re-entered it as it is often incorrectly shown 0208 807 1234 and it failed
Re-entered it TOTALLY incorrectly as 02088 071234 and it accepted it.

As UK telephone numbers can correctly be any of the following formats

xxx xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxx xxxx
xxxxx xxxxxx

I would say their validation needs to be changed!!!

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx