[Advert] [BulkBuy] Low Cost RS232 Serial to Ethernet Convertors

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [Advert] [BulkBuy] Low Cost RS232 Serial to Ethernet Convertors
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:03:39 -0000

In connection with another project I am working on I have got hold
of a bunch of Lantronix MSS100 serial to Ethernet device servers. I know
these are of great interest to a few people on this list (as I've already
been asked for a few) so I thought I'd post here. I have a few of these
spare from a volume purchase so thought that maybe UKHA'ers might be
interested  ...

http://www.lantronix.com/products/ds/mss100/index.html

These are good condition but second user and include a power
adaptor. They are a device about the size of a cigarette packet that allow
=
serial port to be placed anywhere on your Ethernet network and appear as a
'virtual' serial device within Windows using the (free download) Lantronix
Redirector software. This means that any RS232 serial device can be placed
remotely on your network - even over WiFi 802.11 - and still appear as if
i=
was local attached to your PC.  Useful for Ethernet enabling HomeVision or
for that remote Comfort or weather station unit. Additionally two MSS100
devices can be linked to form a virtual serial tunnel over Ethernet - even
over the internet if you wanted. They also include an embedded telnet &
web
server for configuration etc.

A few of these have appeared on eBay for varying prices roughly
between =A320 and =A3300 - apparently they cost =A3395 + VAT new
originally=
.  My
units are all running the latest firmware (this is required to use the
current configuration software) and they have been cleaned up if needed and
tested. Additionally I will offer 90 day warranty & be happy to credit
any
should they not do (reasonably) what you wanted, less P&P. Units are
=A349 =
ea
and P&P is at cost.=20

The only current auction I can see for these is $75 start & $95 buy
it now
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D3070148286&category=
=3D111
75

Contact me OFFLIST, [lists at ukusa.co.uk] if you are interested in
these or have any further questions. This is a private deal for UKHA
member=
on the back of another bulk buy so sorry I can't offer VAT invoices or a
lower + VAT price.

Kevin

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20