RE: Smallest possible PC components?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Smallest possible PC components?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:41:18 -0000

Paul,

Have a look at the "nano-itx" form factor stuff - even smaller
than mini-itx !

"Press" info here:
http://www.mini-itx.com/#story0275

A project here (running XP Pro):
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/projectnff/

Not sure the two items are exactly the same though - the board sizes seem
to be different :-/

HTH,

Tim H.

decoder...
> much of the
> rest of the spec appears to be similar, except the CL has 2 x
> LAN ports,
> whereas the ME has 1 x LAN plus 1 x Firewire.. - the latter
> would be more
> useful to me, but not crucially so... I wonder just how much
> a difference of
> a mere 77MHz would make in practice though? (It will be
> running XP Pro)
>
> Just about to start researching the small cases, - anyone got any
> thoughts/opinions on the cubid or Travla ranges? - is there anything
> available off-the-shelf that's even smaller?...
>
> Note, that I have no requirement for an internal optical drive of any
> description, nor a floppy, nor any LCD/VFD screens.... I have
> a couple of
> 2.5" laptop HDD's available, everything else can be external
> via USB...  I
> also don't need to accomodate a PCI slot
>
> Greatfull for any thoughts & opinions...
>
> TIA
>
> Paul G.

+

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx