Re: SCART leads

Thanks to everyone who answered my 2 earlier questions - especially
Keith, who gave very full answers.  Coming back on Keith's reply:

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Keith Doxey <ukha@d...> wrote:
> What I dont understand is why your inputs keep changing. A VCR
should ONLY take
> Pin 8 high when in playback mode or in the case of some VCR's when
the Menu is
> selected for programming ( because obviously you would want to see
what you
> were doing!). Whilst on Record, Stop, FF, REW or Standby is should
NOT grab
> control.

VCR definitely in STOP mode throughout.

> You dont say which inputs are connected to which source and it
could be a
> priority thing but I dont see why a VCR would keep grabbing control.

AV1 is digi, AV2 is DVD and AV3 is VCR.

> Do you have any sort of "Red Dot Remover" device connected
to the
Digibox that
> repeatedly sends a "Backup" command to remove the red dot.
?It
could be that
> this is causing a change to pin 8 momentarily giving rise to the
effect that
> you are seeing. Is there a regular timing to the events?

Goodness!  No, not unless such a thing is integral to the Digibox my
sister happened to buy.

> > This leaves a somewhat more drastic method - removing the
offending
> > pin from the SCART leads.  This raises some questions - which
pin?
> > Will it cause complications? And what physically is the best way
> > achieve this without damaging the rest of the lead?
> >

> Remove Pin 8 from the SCART lead. Looking from the pin side of the
plug you
> will see a small tang that holds the pin in place. Gently depress
this and you
> can push the pin back into the body of the plug, once removed from
the housing
> wrap it in insulating tape so that you can restore it to normal
operation if
> required.
>
> http://www.diyha.co.uk/electronics/scart.html
for the pinout.

> Before you try that, see if choosing different AV inputs solves the
problem.

Great - will give that a try.  Thanks.

> Hope that helps.
>
> Keith
>
> www.diyha.co.uk
> www.kat5.tv

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx