Re: Ceiling Speakers (again)

Thanks Ade.  That looks like a neat job, although personally, I
prefer the curtains to the wall....

I am interested in your raise/lower mechanism - although not for the
speakers as these are in the lounge and (like I said) would only be
raised when I am not in the room to not see them visible.

However, I have some of my AV kit in a cupboard in the wall and I
was thinking of making the door raise and lower automagically.  I
have lots of X10 kit and therefore starting and stopping a motor is
not a great problem.

Mik

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ade" <yahoo@n...> wrote:
> Mik
>
> i've uploaded some photos under "automated ceiling speakers"
which
shows
> what i have done. The surround back speakers are mounted on the
back wall,
> the surround L & R are the ones that lower themselves. This works
well for
> small surround speakers, dont know how it would sound with bigger
ones (my
> front speakers are floor standing).  Basically its all MDF with a
24v
> actuator mounted in the enclosure which lowers it all, fitted
flush with the
> ceiling so they are not visible when up.
>
> any questions just ask
>
> PS i am well aware (for you fashion people) that the blue curtains
dont go
> with the purple wall , i am waiting for some to be made the same
colour as
> the purple chimnet brest
>
> Adrian

> Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.2

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx