Re: LED Lighting Again

Hi Richard

>        suggested the series wiring was fine but
> parallel not such a good idea - something about current flow not
> being evenly divided. Any views on this?

You can wire them in parallel but each led should have its own
resistor.....I did some led garden lighting using 12v and series the leds
in
groups of 3 with a series resistor for each group....Wiring in parallel
means the resistors must dissipate more power as you need approx 10v to
drop
across the resistor   whereas the series setup is only a few volts.......

> One other query - has any one any idea how much power a, say, 12V
> supply draws when connected to the mains but not supplying to its
> supplied device.  Curious really as they often feel warm.  Or am I
> just being daft here

Wouldnt be worth worrying about.........

HTH
Frank