Re: SKY+ Fault

I had a similar problem three weeks ago.

Apparently Sky rolled out a new software update and some of the
older boxes didn't take to it. I went through several iterations of
calls with their tech team doing various resets. After some of which
the unit wouldn't even come out of standby. Leaving it alone for a
few hours made it work  again for viewing but still no
recording/playback. I lost quite a lot of stuff I was (probably)
going to watch.

The problem was solved by an engineer visit (9 days later) - he gave
me a new box. That wasn't what you wanted to hear was it. TV is crap
at xmas anyway (not that I've looked at the schedules). Plenty of
time to watch those DVD's...

Edward

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "gp_mcclean" <gpmcclean@b...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm sorta clutching at straws here.
>
> My Sky+ box wont allow me to playback/record.  I've called the
tech
> support and they took me through a complete reset (which included
> erasing the HD contents).
>
> This didnt solve the problem, and they have booked an engineer to
> come on the 30th !!! which means I will miss recording what little
> there may be worth recording over Christmas (or dread the thought
> use that old VHS thingy).
>
> Anyone got any thoughts/suggestions.
>
> (Which doesnt involve the physical impossible or buying a TIVO)
>
> Cheers,
> Gary

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004
EARLY BIRD RATE EXPIRES 31/12/03!