Re: Bathroom LCD

It is the signal leads that are the bummer.  I've yet to work out
how to put a phone in a bathroom compliantly with the regs.  My last
attept was to just do it, and had the everything running off an RCDs
to try and prevent my death.  Not satisfactory, must try harder next
time.

> As far a SELV supplies go, I've only seen lighting
> transformers - but I assume one of those could provide a
> safe supply.

If it has the right BS number on, it'll be OK.  If it doesnt, it
wont.  Even if it claims to be SELV, and is LV.

> Do you know if there is such a thing as a SELV socket outlet?

There is, but you dont want it - the Ceeform (aka C17) plugs and
sockets - you've seen tyhem in red, blue, and yellow - also come in
grey for low voltage.  Big, ugly, OTT.  Use any low voltage
connector you like that is incompatible with everything non-SELV in
the house.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx