RE: completely OT, Combi Boiler help/advice

On my combi (I forget the name as I have only been in the new house 3
weeks)
we have a two dials one for water temp and one for heating temp, the BG man
said leave them both on 5 (max) as this makes the boiler work most
efficiently. In the summer turn the heating one to off or 1 depending on
weather you want heating on or off. Also depending on your combi some have
comfort/economy switch that keeps what preheated water there is in the
system at its current temp so the water, when demanded comes to tap
quicker.

Again hope this helps

Tom

On the subject of Combi boiler's, I hate them, I want a hot water cylinder
and a wall mounted thermostat and timer!!!!

_____