Re: Routers - OT: Grand Designs Episode 4 BitTorrent Release

Ah that is another question I want to ask!!!

I have two connections - the one I am using with bittorrent is my telewest
line

Using a Buffalo wireless router and the motorola surfboard. But my PC is
hardwired to it.

The other modem I am using is a fairly old Alcatel Speedtouch pro to my
ADSL line. I find that people from the outside keep getting timeouts if
they are connected for a long time. I can't find a way to change the
timeout settings on my router.

Perhaps I should change the router? Is a Vigor 2600 recommended .. can I
change the timeout settings on it? how much is it? Will it work with ADSL?

Or it might be the netgear wireless access points I use to connect the
server computer to the ADSL line? But I have a feeling that is it the
Alcatel Speedtouch pro router.

Ho Yin

At 10:49 12/02/2004, you wrote:
>ho yin ng wrote:
> > P.S. Worked out why ABC is freezing .. if I reduce the max number
of peers
> > to below 60 .. it seems to do the trick .. apparently some
networks can't
> > handle anything above 60?
>
>Glad you sorted it :)
>
>Do you have a netgear router by any chance?
>
>I know some of the netgears (possibly all) can crash when you try to
>make too many connections in or out, which can give major problems with
>P2P networks!
>
>I ebay'd my netgear DG814 (for that and other problems!) and got a
Vigor
>2600 a while ago.
>
>Cheers
>
>--
>Doogie

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx