Re: [OT] - Scart + TosLink automatic / ir controlled switch ? - thanks

The unit arrived yesturday and they weren't joking when they said it=20
was a well built case, the TV stands on it without any problems, I=20
think I could if I wanted to.

The switching doesn't seem to degrade quality (to my eyes) except for=20
a 1 second scrambled screen when the av switches. Had some problems=20
using a component lead output and scart input, but scart -> scart=20
throughout seems fine. As per usual I'm short on leads but the=20
toslink and scart switching for the two units I've wired up seems=20
fine.

The remote can be learnt by a pronto neo with the knack being to use=20
a 1 second button push then 2 seconds etc as opposed to the usual=20
hold down the key and move the remote backwards and forwards until it=20
learns.

So all in all a good buy from play that I'd recommend to anyone with=20
similar requirements. Thanks to Dave for pointing me in the right=20
direction.

Kind Regards,

Alan.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@a...>
wrote:
> > ----- Original Message -----=20
> > From: "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@a...>
> >=20
> >=20
> > > Has anyone seen a scart switch that will also switch an=20
associated
> > > _digital_ input (ie scart input 1, toslink input 1 ->
scart out,
> > > toslink out)?
> > >
> > > If not, any suggestions as to how to switch / feed 3
digital=20
> inputs
> > > into a surround sound system with 1 toslink socket that
lives=20
in a
> > > cupboard?
> >=20
> > This looks like it'll do the trick at =A344.99 -
> > http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?
> ProductCode=3DAC5510
> >=20
> > Play do them for =A340, but they're out of stock at the
moment.=20
> There's also a
> > silver version due for release soon, apparently.
> >=20
> > I can't tell you what the quality's like as I haven't bought
one=20
> myself yet, but
> > they've been discussed on AV Forums and I haven't seen anyone=20
> giving a bad
> > review - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?
> s=3D&threadid=3D109421.
> >=20
> > Dave

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20