Re: XDA II - Bluetooth/WIFI ?

Marcus,

You can actually use bluetooth to active sync with your computer, and=20
through this you can connect to the internet.

I only realised this after I bought my ipaq 5550 and started using it ..
so=
=20
now I hardly ever use my wifi. I find it drains the battery much more than=
=20
bluetooth.

How powerful is the XDA? Are there any limitations to what it can do? In=20
comparison to my ipaq? Can I run all the software I have on it?

Ho Yin

At 09:56 12/02/2004, you wrote:
>Just had a demo of the new O2 XDA II PDA/Camera/Phone, and was
pretty=20
>impressed. Its smaller than my current Dell Axim (X5), has a phone
built=20
>in (with speaker phone.. so no fine when using in the car) and a
camera=20
>(no flash though).
>
>The price seems pretty good at =A3199 + contract (=A315pm), so that's
abou=
t=20
>=A3380 with a 12month contract. That compares pretty favourably with my
Ax=
im=20
>that cost =A3260 but I'm also getting the phone and camera and included
ta=
lk=20
>time. At the moment I always have the Axim, an aging Motorola V50 and
an=20
>IXUS camera in my pockets so the xda would certainly be useful. I tend
to=
=20
>carry the camera around just for use as a visual notebook rather
than=20
>quality photoraphs, so the lower quality of the camera shouldn't be
too=20
>much of an issue.
>
>I currently use the Axim for general reminders (outlook) etc +
netremote +=
=20
>TomTomNavigator + playing divx movies. The XDA has Bluetooth and SD
slot=20
>but not Wifi or CF. Since I'm using the CF for a WiFi card in the AXIM
to=
=20
>access my Home WAP (for netremote), is there anything that would allow
me=
=20
>to connect Bluetooth the home network or would I have to use a Wifi SD
car=
d ?

>Marcus
>

>UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
><http://www.ukha2004.com>http://www.ukha2004.com
>
>http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
>Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx
>

>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
><http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=3D12cjlcg1f/M=3D268585.4521611.5694062.1261774/D=
=3Degroupweb/S=3D1705041992:HM/EXP=3D1076666270/A=3D1950448/R=3D0/*http://a=
shnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=3D4521611&yhad=3D1950448>