Re: Homevision Text over external video

We may be on to something. I emailed Craig Chadwick last night
asking if he had any ideas. He seemed to think that it was a
hardware prob with HV, and recalled a problem with some capacitors a
couple of yrs ago that were prone to blowing.

Bells have started ringing, cos when I got my unit first (about 3-
4 yrs ago), guess what, a capacitor blew after about 1 hr. i
contacted the supplier, who said this was a known problem, and just
to cut out the capacitor and all would be fine, which I did. HV has
been extremely reliable since then, with absolutely no problems, but
perhaps that capacitor has disabled the TEXT overlay function which
I cant get working.

I told Craig which capacitor it was (c12), so hopefully he will be
able to confirm if this is the prob.

Eamon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
wrote:
> Hi Eamonn
>             Have you sent a "start external video mode
"command to
hv  in

<ecolume@g...>
wrote:

> [...]