Re: Know anyone who can diagnose and repair Rio Reciever.

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 20:07, achamp26 wrote:

> The network light on the back does not light up however the screen
> on the front does light up but remains blank.   I am thinking one of
> the components has gone inside.  However I have no idea how to
> diagnose problems with electrical components so I would love to be
> able to send it someone who can repair these type of things.

The first thing I'd check would be that the network cable is OK, then
check that the port your plugging the Rio into works too.

Try a different network cable first, then if that doesn't work try
plugging something else into the port if that doesn't work.

My guess is that it can't find the DHCP server because it's not getting
a network connection.

What happens if you plug the "broken" one into the same port as
the one
that works?

-S

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx