Re: OT: Shower Pumps

Thanks Peter, that's very helpful.   We're about to have our shower=20
cubicle tiles and door re-done and was thinking it was maybe a good=20
time to upgrade the shower at the same time.

I was very impressed by the Aqualise Quartz shower Ben had installed=20
but it is more than double the price of a quality shower pump=20
although by the looks of the electrics and pump it is possibly=20
quieter.

Just had a quick look at Screwfix and there's quite a wide price=20
variance in pumps. Seems as though for around =A3150 you can get a=20
reasoable robust, high pressure and noise dampened one.

Malcolm

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxx;=20
wrote:
> > it only kicks in when water flows through
>=20
> Yup. Ours has gone mad once in 4 years and failed to turn off, but=20
the next
> time around it was fine.
>=20
> >If hot and cold water supplies and temperatures are fine just
now,=20
on=20
> the non powered shower, temperatures should still be ok on the=20
pumped=20
> shower - but obviously supplies of the hot water will be used up=20
> quicker.
>=20
> Yup - in theory, you just use the same 'ratio' of water quicker.
>=20
> >Finally are these pumps noisy?  If I had one installed in the
loft=20
> above the bathroom would I hear it?
>=20
> Quite noisy.  We've got ours in the airing cupboard mounted on a=20
spongy
> suspension plate, and attached into the plumbing via rubber
pipes.=20=20
It might
> be fine in the loft, but for us the airing cupboard was the best=20
place from
> a pipes point of view, and reasonably well insulated.  Wouldn't be=20
without
> it though, and IMHO, much better than the wallmounted=20
pumps/powershowers.
> Ours is a Monsoon 1.5bar twin, if that helps.  I can take a photo=20
if you
> want.
>=20
> Pete

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20