Fw: Projector Convertor ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fw: Projector Convertor ?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:30:51 +0000

James

Take a look at the ProV units on scan.co.uk -
http://web6.scan.co.uk/Products/Info.asp?WPID=71989

G.

Gareth Cook
SWG EMEA North Account Manager
IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 02/02/2004 12:24 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

"James Ingham" <james.ingham@xxxxxxx;
31/01 18:50

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Projector Convertor ?
.
Category:

Hi All

Would really appreciate some help...recently bought a PTAE 100
Projector ( http://www.projectorcentral.com/panasonic_ae100.htm
),
and have been using S-Video to feed to it from my Home Cinema
Amp...but the picture quality is not as good as I was
hoping...predominantly I think because of the long cable run (about
20 metres..nothing I can do about that!)... a friend has recommended
I try using the VGA input instead... so am looking for some advice
on the best thing to use to convert S-Video to VGA (or XGA, or
whatever the PTAE100 takes? I dont know the difference!)..this
should mean I do a short S-Video cable run to a converter, which
will convert it into VGA or something, and then do the long cable
run to the projector...

I have tracked down a few convertors which seem to do the job I
want, but I'm not sure which one to buy..I obviously want to spend
as little as possible, and most of the convertors seem to do more
than I need...but I don't want to sacrifice picture quality... Could
some kind soul who understands all this kind of stuff take a look at
the 2 links below and let me know what they think would be best?? Or
indeed if I have missed another option?

Huge thanks to anyone who can help me out!

http://www.threedoubleyou.com/tv-tuner.htm
- either the 'LCD
External TV box w/Remote', or 'WORLDWIDE PLASMA TUNER BOX'
or 'PRESENTER 1 SCART RGB - XGA CONVERTER'

http://web6.scan.co.uk/Products/Info.asp?WPID=71989
- Scans 'PV500
Pro-V Progressive PC/TV Tuner Display System PAL I' .. Scan also
seem to be about to release a cheaper version, but have not yet
posted the spec of the product ( the LN6421 here :
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?
CatID=53&Category=Multimedia%2FTV )

MANY Thanks
James

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx