Re: Re: Am I putting enough CAT5 into my house

I thought I'd put enough in for the computers, then realised that the
CAT5 could carry all sorts of other stuff besides - lights to show that
the external doors are locked; signals from the water detectors under
the washing machine; audio from the PC to other rooms and other hi-fi
systems; etc.  You may want to consider what else that cable could be
used for and escalate accordingly.  Putting in more cables afterwards is
a great deal more buggeration than doing 'em all at once, tell SWMBO I
said it will be OK.

Martin

Benfield, John (IT Services, ID) wrote:

>	>Are you absolutely 100% certain where you will put all the
>furniture/how you will use the space?
>
>	Some of the rooms can (probably) only be used in one way. In some
>rooms there will be two connections on one side and two on the other,
which
>I am a but worried about because sods law states that one pair will be
>covered and the second pair will not be enough.
>
>	>Also - you mention having two Node 0's. Are you going to provide
>plenty of cable runs *between* them?
>
>	Hum, need to think on that one. Half the problem is that as the
>design has evolved so has my expected use, so it's that age old problem
of
>what I *might* do in the future.
>

>	I probably should have asked another question as well. If I need to
>run more cables, how do I explain it to SWMBO, as at present she thinks
I've