RE: Re: Am I putting enough CAT5 into my house

On 08/12/2004 at 15:45 Benfield, John (IT Services, ID) wrote:

>	I probably should have asked another question as well. If I need to
>run more cables, how do I explain it to SWMBO, as at present she thinks
>I've
>gone OTT.

Easy, ask her if she wants you gouging and drilling 3 months from now
trying to add more because you didn't add enough in the first place.
Remember you don;t have to run all the cable now, but now is a good time to
make provision for adding cable easily in the future by putting in the
trunking and using blanking plates. as time goes on you'll start
discovering more and more uses for the cat 5 other than networking. Woo her
with the positives for her - newly decorated rooms that wont get torn
apart, no cables all over the floor, music/radio in the bath - whatever it
takes..

Andy