RE: Am I putting enough CAT5 into my house

  • Subject: RE: Am I putting enough CAT5 into my house
  • From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:56:15 -0000

> All bedrooms:	4 ports
> 	Possible - PC, TV, SLIMP3

Are these all in one corner?  I have 12 cables in 4 locations in master
bedroom - Behind AV System, one at each side of bed and one on wall beside
en-suite door (used for IR).

> Utility:		4 ports
> 	Not sure what might be connected here

Useful.  I have none in Utility and that's where PCs are born and Xboxes
chipped so I have to run long cable from N0 in garage.

> Kitchen		2 ports
> 	SLIMP3, Possible touch screen PC

Waaaaay too few!

I have 8 to kitchen and would have like more.  Are you using CAT5 for
phones?

> We'll probably use DEC phones so they won't need
> any cabling.

I would still put cables in for hard wired phones.  People carry DECT
phones
out of rooms and it's always good to have a "proper" phone.

M.