RE: Looking for a 2 or 3 line cordless phone

  • Subject: RE: Looking for a 2 or 3 line cordless phone
  • From: "Silas Denyer" <silas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:31:52 -0000

Dear Justin

We use a BT Airway system in the office.

Available in 2 flavours, supporting either 2 or 4 analogue lines and up
to 16 extensions (i.e. handsets). Unfortunately not available new in the
UK any longer (HWN in Canada, the original manufacturer, still sell
them), but available from time-to-time on eBay (which is where ours came
from). Fairly good quality, limited PBX functionality on the handsets
(transfer call to another handset, hold call, call waiting, system-wide
i.e. handset-independent phonebook etc.) with a large LCD display, and
easy for "non-techies" to get to grips with. Supports UK Called
ID
properly.

Not small, silver or sexy if those things are important to you.

Also available very rarely are the "wireless extenders" which
allow you
to connect a regular POTS phone into a small box which acts as a further
"handset" on the Airway system, which can be a quick-and-dirty
way of
getting an additional handset somewhere without running cables of any
type.

Regards

Silas

Silas Denyer, Director
Harrison Denyer Ltd  3 Torrens Street  London EC1V 1NQ  UK
t. +44 (0) 20 78 37 37 96  f. +44 (0) 20 78 37 40 51  m. +44 (0) 79 56
66 19 02
e. silas@xxxxxxx  w. harrisondenyer.co.uk