Re: Looking for a 2 or 3 line cordless phone

  • Subject: Re: Looking for a 2 or 3 line cordless phone
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:38:53 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@p...> wrote:
> Or another option you might like to try is to put in one of the new
> Draytek Vigor 2900 routers with VOIP ports. These let you tie you POTS
> and VOIP function together in a single phone. - you can connect
standard
> analogue POTS phones to the routers two phone ports, then you can make
> either PSTN or VOIP call from the same phone by hitting a key
> combination first. Couple that with a phone with a decent number of
> memory slots, and it would be pretty slick...

I've been disappointed with the performance of the Vigor VOIP ports...
although I haven'had a chance to investigate in detail, the SIP stack
seems to lose registration with the peer provider periodically, making
it pretty much useless for reliable inbound calls. I was short of
time, so opted for another route instead (dedicated VOIP hard phone),
which has been rock solid since.

Patrick