RE: Re: fire proofing node0 ?

  • Subject: RE: Re: fire proofing node0 ?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:23:08 -0000

Marcus,

A bit late in replying, but here goes. If you've not already heard of it
then have a look at "Fermacell". It's probably best described as
a cross
between standard plasterboard and MDF. It's a pukka dry-lining product
that is used a lot by folks on the UK_Selfbuild list. It's advantages
appear to be numerous - fire rated, good acoustic performance, DIY-able
and doesn't need a plaster-skim finish and strong. You could hang your
kitchen cupboards from it, apparently, just try doing that with standard
plasterboard ! The disadvantages are weight (it's heavy) and cost, about
3x the price of plasterboard, but comparable to MDF / Ply.

Here's the link to some more sales bumph, if you've got any specific
questions then there probably best asked over on the UK_Selfbuild list.
http://www.xella.co.uk/html/gbr/en/tb_4761.php?main=4757&subnavi_level=2
&area_code=3&language_id=2&countries_id=5

HTH,

Tim H.
(no connections etc, just listened to loads of people sing it's praises
on the other list)