Re: Heat Recover, was: RE: NODE 0 Heat

rb_ziggy wrote:

> This is all very well if you are in the situation to install MHRV but
> it's pretty much only practical if you are building or have a
> bungalow (if you think retrospective running of cat 5 is bad try
> 100mm diameter duct).

I have two cunningly placed cupboards in the wall between two of the
bedrooms, which noth conveniently have about 150mm of space to one side
of the cupboard door which would be perfect for boxing a 100mm duct into
(and a bundle of cat5...). So in theory I could run an extract duct up
from the Kitchen and an inlet duct down to the Dining Room. Similarly
the airing cupboard allows access to the Living Room and Hallway
ceilings, and the bedrooms can obviously be reached from the loft. The
only room I can't reach easily is the downstairs loo. There is a vent
brick though, so I suppose it could be left to positive pressure to do
its thing there... :-)

Jim