Heat Recover, was: RE: NODE 0 Heat

>Ah, I see. Presumably your hot water is heated by an immersion heater
then?

No, my system has a gas boiler for Central heating, and an electric boost
on
the hot water tank itself.

> If you tried to "pre-heat" water from the boiler as it went
into the
cylinder, I
> think you'd end up pre-chilling it!

AIUI, the idea is to add a second header tankin between the cold water
supply and the boiler, to add a few degrees to the feedwater for the
boiler.
this is the system used by most solar water heaters, I believe.

> How long before even your fridge/freezer can be plumbed into a
house-wide
heat
> exchanger to move those lazy therms around...?

Indeed - given that it's fairly immature technology and something of a
niche
at present, it's expensive and you have long cost recovery cycles -
hopefully they will take off a bit more and become mainstream.

Ian.

Jim