[ADVERT] Harmony 5 - Calling Beta Testers!

  • Subject: [ADVERT] Harmony 5 - Calling Beta Testers!
  • From: "ben_simplyautomate" <Ben.Geach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:00:24 -0000

We are looking for Beta Testers to try our new Harmony 5 software.
At the moment, the beta test is limited to current "paid up"
Harmony
v4 users.

For more details and a sneak preview see:
http://www.simplyautomate.co.uk/Harmony5Beta.asp

Introduction
-------------
Building on the stable base that Harmony v4.4.2 provides, Harmony 5
provides a completely new level of integration and user interface to
your home control. Core design allows you to seemlessly integrate
other Harmony compontents such as Harmony Vision Alert Real Time and
Harmony Temperature Control.

What's New in Version 5?
-------------------------

*New icon based interface for devices including a new point/click
interface
*Real time on-screen reporting of device status changes
*HAPI v2 implemented featuring object based device representation
*HAPI logging added
*"Always on top" added for log window
*Improved system tray reduction / expansion
*Status bar and toolbar added
*HAPI components now persistent across execution instances
*Resizing of main screen now possible
*Speed of HAPI processing improved 15x
*File extensions now changed to .HAR
*New open / close / save / saveas code added
*Help file integrated into main program
*Installation kit improved to better detect existing component
*Schedules merged into events for more natural event processing
*Added better reporting of HAPI component methods, events and
properties
*Upgraded system preferences / options to be simpler to use
*Added text parameters to HAPI component method calls

Our Harmony 5 Beta Test is now open for applicants. It would be
suited to users of previous versions of Harmony Home Automation
Server users with comprehensive computer knowledge who are happy to
work with pre-production software. The Beta test is scheduled to run
for the next 3-6 weeks. You will recieve a full final copy of the
software once the Beta test is complete.

As a Beta tester, you will be required to install Harmony Home
Automation Server (Version 5) beta on your PC and then provide
feedback (bug reports and suggestions) via a Beta area on our forums.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Beta program and ask that if
you are interested, you email Ben at Ben.Geach@xxxxxxx

Please note we have limited availability for participation in this
programme.

Ben Geach
Marketing Manager
Simply Automate

Magdalen Centre, Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GA
Tel +44 (0) 845 644 3330
Fax +44 (0) 845 644 2713
Email: Ben.Geach@xxxxxxx
Web: www.SimplyAutomate.co.uk

Simply Automate is a trading name of iDomus Limited.
UK Reg #4116740.