Latest message you have seen: RE: IR controlled power strip/plug?

RE: Re: Using centre speakers as a stereo pair

  • Subject: RE: Re: Using centre speakers as a stereo pair
  • From: "Stephen Jones" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:00:28 +0100

Thanks Mark

The reason I ask about using 2 centre's is because they are to be situated
above kitchen wall units, so centre's would look better than cabinet type
vertically standing speakers. They are to be used by an Abus multi-room
system so I don't need spectacular sounding speakers.

Indeed as you say, the spec for these speakers (Jamo E500's) is exactly the
same for the centre as for the L&R's apart from the centre being
shielded.

So looking at these speakers in particular there doesn't seem any advantage
using L&R's over 2 centre's. Remember the only reason I'm thinking of
using
2 centre's is for the look of it.

http://tinyurl.com/6x3vw   - E500
L&R's