Re: Using centre speakers as a stereo pair

  • Subject: Re: Using centre speakers as a stereo pair
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:53:21 -0000

I wouldn't go out and BUY a pair of centre speakers with intention to
use them as a stereo pair.

On the other hand, if I had a pair of matching centres lying around, I
wouldn't hesitate to use them as a stereo pair.

You may find that there isn't even particularly a difference in the
directional characteristics - the "centre speaker" label may be
purely
as a result of extra magnetic shielding!

Regards,

Mark