Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: [OT} Scanning 35mm negatives?

ZigBee

Either I'm slipping and missed a mention or you lot are and have missed
this
altogether. I was reading a New Scientist article this evening about ZigBee
which is touted as the 'next big thing' in Home Automation. Essentially a
very low power version of BlueTooth it enables very any device to be
wireless enabled, and more usefully to participate in a mesh network
allowing control of devices to be routed via other unrelated nodes. It all
looks pretty neat really and I'm amazed to not have heard of it at all
until
now.

Having done a bit of digging, here's an article explaining it,
http://www.embedded.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=18902431,
and
http://www.zigbee.com is the central
resource site.

Hope you find it interesting!

Phil,

----

http://www.zoneminder.com - For
the best Open Source Video Security Software